Founded in 2012, Canal Pointe is a private investment firm focused on creating long-term value through investments in middle-market companies in partnership with management. Our principals have significant operational and transaction experience across a range of industries, including telecommunications, business services, energy and industrials. Our flexible capital base allows us to explore investments of various sizes, structures and asset classes.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, the Canal Pointe name is a nod to the significance of the early canal system in the economic development of the region. It is this Midwestern backdrop that serves as the foundation of our relationship-driven investment approach.
Based on extensive industry, operating and investing expertise, we apply the following criteria in identifying attractive investment opportunities:
- Revenue between $10 million and $150 million
- EBITDA in excess of $2 million
- Privately-held companies or divisions of larger corporations
- Operations primarily in the U.S.
- Recurring, predictable revenue and cash flow
- End markets with solid fundamentals and trends
- Experienced management team with aligned incentives
We focus our investment efforts in industries where we believe we can be most successful building long-term value. These industries primarily include:
- Business Services
- Consumer & Retail
- Financial Services
We are flexible in regard to investment size, structure, and asset class to allow for capital solutions that best meet the needs of mature and growing middle-market companies. Investments may include:
- Buyouts of private companies or acquisitions of divisions of larger corporations
- Recapitalizations where ownership is seeking partial liquidity to diversify wealth or satisfy estate planning goals
- Equity capital to support members of an incumbent management team in their efforts to buy-out a third-party owner seeking an exit
- Growth capital in support of a geographic or product line expansion, significant fixed asset addition or a strategic acquisition
- Minority equity or co-investment opportunities with like-minded partners